Friday, November 24, 2006

November 24th, 2006 - The Christmas Party.

Tomorrow night is the night of the corporate christmas party. This night is considerably more reserved then the staff only christmas party, aptly named. "Festivus Day."

The corporate christmas party is a chance for people to dress up and hobnob with the suits from Head Office. Drinks are cost prohibitive, and generally prevents people from making fools of themselves. In otherwords, its everything you don't want in a christmas party.

Today Alpha convinced me to let him draw a heart tattoo with his name in the middle, on my arm. He then started telling people that I was his bitch and that he paid a pack of cigarettes and a Big Turk chocolate bar to own me.

Its turns out that his wife is ill and has to work early Sunday morning. As a consequence, she is not attending the christmas party. Alpha wants me to sit next to him and he wants me to wear a short sleeved shirt so that people can see my tattoo.

I told him I'd wear a peach dress because he looks good next to peach. I also told him that I would introduce myself to people as his life partner. He liked that idea.

Later on he lifted my sleeve to see his tattoo and giggled in glee.

We also reminesced about a guy that used to work in our department. He wasn't the coldest beer in the fridge. He'd often stutter, and sometimes you'd see him smack himself in the head to spit out what he was trying to say. One time, he called in and said he'd be late because somebody stole his car in the parking lot at Safeway. He called the police and took a cab to work. When he was done work, someone from the office drove him home. On the way, they passed the Safeway where the theft took place. His car was there all by it's lonesome. He had forgotten where he had parked. I miss that guy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

slick rick man, that kid is gold!

11/28/2006 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home