November 12th, 2006 - WoW Culture.
World of Warcraft. Whatever you might think of video games, or specifically this one. One would have to admit that it has been a runaway phenomenon. Its been on the best sellers list 25 straight months. It has almost 7 million subscriptions across the world. It has had its own episode on South Park, and countless other mentions on tv shows and news articles.
There are anti-WoW websites such as WAWOW - Women against World of Warcraft. WoW has become a water cooler topic in many offices across North America. Our office is no different. We have a lot of employees that play this game. We play together. I personally find the game to be boring, but I do enjoy interacting with co-workers from other parts of the company within the game.
Alpha and Omega play WoW. Alpha's wife and son also play the game. Our roles reverse a bit in WoW. I'm the bully in WoW. I make threats, insults, and demand free items. If you've played the game and done the raids you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm the guy always gets into raids, goofs off, always gets the loot he wants. I only raid casually, I make fun of guild members that I don't know. I'm basically an ass. Alpha is the nice guy in the game. He does piles of nice things for everyone and all I do is give him a hard time.
Here's the sort of indepth conversations you'll find in the game:


These screens capture the sort of conversation that occurs in WoW. The only thing missing is *ZOMG KITTENS *MEW* *MEW* *MEW* LOLZ!
There are anti-WoW websites such as WAWOW - Women against World of Warcraft. WoW has become a water cooler topic in many offices across North America. Our office is no different. We have a lot of employees that play this game. We play together. I personally find the game to be boring, but I do enjoy interacting with co-workers from other parts of the company within the game.
Alpha and Omega play WoW. Alpha's wife and son also play the game. Our roles reverse a bit in WoW. I'm the bully in WoW. I make threats, insults, and demand free items. If you've played the game and done the raids you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm the guy always gets into raids, goofs off, always gets the loot he wants. I only raid casually, I make fun of guild members that I don't know. I'm basically an ass. Alpha is the nice guy in the game. He does piles of nice things for everyone and all I do is give him a hard time.
Here's the sort of indepth conversations you'll find in the game:


These screens capture the sort of conversation that occurs in WoW. The only thing missing is *ZOMG KITTENS *MEW* *MEW* *MEW* LOLZ!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home